Leadership plays an important role in Indigenization, providing a sense of the responsibility to engage respectfully with Indigenous Peoples and communities. Understanding the diverse nature of Indigenous Peoples and governing structures provides opportunities to work together in delivering much-needed educational services to Indigenous Peoples and communities.
Activity 1: Ways to build community partnerships
Time: 1 – 2 hours
Type: Individual, Group
- How are community partnerships fostered at your institution?
- Review the Post-Secondary Education Partnership Agreement Toolkit [PDF]. What can you do to ensure that Indigenous perspectives are an integral component of the institutional fabric?
Activity 2: Taking responsibility
Take a moment to write down:
- What your responsibility is in maintaining or creating Indigenous partnerships in your institution?
- How are you going to achieve this?
- How are you going to paddle together?
- What will your contributions be?
- Post-Secondary Education Partnership Agreement Toolkit: http://iahla.ca/wp-content/uploads/IAHLA-Toolkit-Dec-2011.pdf ↵